SecondSkin

dedicated to bright shiny objects everywhere!

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Beer Fest Briefing

And yes, I do work on the theory of "better late than never"...

So, as I mentioned previously, the Fest of Ale was a blast! Apparently there were over 4,000 festers through on Saturday, so it was a good thing we got started early. We got there at noon, when gates open, and drank (and ate, and wandered) till 5:00 - not bad for a novice! Cheap too - tix were only $12 per, and beer was your standard 3 oz glass, for a $1 token.

For those of you who are still in shock because I went to a Beer Fest - yup, I did, and I even drank beer, and liked it!!!

So, and inventory of the best brews there (by consensus of Bilbo, Cory, Shannon and I):
Cranog takes the cake - Backhand of God, if you like stout (and even if you didn't) was kickass, but they don't bottle, so you basically have to have it in the Okanagan. (So come visit - there's a pub a block away that serves it! :) )
Mt. Begbie was the first, and tasty! - The Cream Ale was the drink of choice.
Cannery Brewing Company - Tried this 'cause their t-shirts were cool! C'mon, is there a better reason??? (T-shirts read: Don't be afraid of the dark - Naramata Nut Brown Ale) The Nut Brown was very nutty.
Ridge Brewing Company - had the "Nutball" brown here, 'cause it had the most non-beer like items listed in its flavour description! It was yummy!

Then things get hazy...I know I had some black currant wheat ale from Unibroue, some Sleeman's Honey Brown, some ciders, some coolers (OK, so I didn't drink JUST beer - so sue me!), but it all kind of runs together after a while. :)

All in all, it was a wicked-fun event, and you should all come next year! :) Just don't have the Chinese smorg across the street from the hotel afterwards.... sounds like a good idea at the time, but resist!!

Here's to Beer Fests everywhere - may you always have friends close to share them with. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home