SecondSkin

dedicated to bright shiny objects everywhere!

Friday, March 26, 2004

I love my job

So, did I mention that I love my job??

I get in to work today, and the boys (my bosses who seem more like co-workers) tell me that I should leave early today, 'cause it's Friday, and Gerald is leaving early to spend time with his kids, and Bryan's off to play golf, or drink beer, or something. So, they tell me that I should leave too, 'cause there's no point in me being there all by myself, after all. I love these guys! I'm offered a potential pay-raise and "promotion", and they give me permission to skip out early on a lovely spring day.

For those of you who have been around for the past few years, and seen/heard my opinions of previous jobs and employers, you'll understand how truly fabulous this is. I think I may have achieved the dream: an employer who owns a stable, grounded business, who appreciates my opinions and dedication, who trusts me, and who understands that if you treat your employees well, and with respect, that they might just turn around and amaze you.

Oh, and in addition to all this, I've basically been told that if there are any perks I want, and that I can use the business to get, (trading our product/services with other businesses, for example) that I should tell them what I want, and then go get it.

Yup, these guys are ok by me. Oh and don't worry, that thumping sound your probably hearing is just me, knocking on wood like mad.


So, aside from multiple blog entries, I've used my afternoon to good effect: walked home from work, hung out with Bilbo and Keres (hubby & cat, respectively), walked downtown, browsed the second hand book store, and the new one, bought a couple books, got a fancy coffee, got a bakery treat (hey, I walked home!!), and moseyed on home again. Life in Kelowna might just turn out to be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home