SecondSkin

dedicated to bright shiny objects everywhere!

Monday, June 14, 2004

What's summer without camping??

So, we moved to Kelowna and were assured that summer would be scorching! Nothing but sun, heat, and more sun, with the potential for forest fires. Well, aside from a rather toasty April, so far it's been more like patches of blue sky with thunder showers, thunder showers, and more thundershowers!! Actually, it's not bad. It clears the air, and it's kind of a fun weather change from the coast - hang out on the balcony, watching the rain pour down while it's still warm out, and listening to the rumbles in the distance.

However, it makes for crappy camping weather! And I wanna go camping this summer! So, I'm hoping that June will pass into a more stable July - since June's pretty much booked already - and that mid July and August will see a couple of camping expeditions come to fruition. For anyone who's interested, I'm hoping to coerce people out to the Okanagan for a camping trip any weekend in August except the long one.... After all, what better place to meet - it's halfway between the coast and Lethbridge!!! ;) So, check your little black books, and let's get something planned. We may not have Lizard Lake, but I'm sure we can discover something to make the Okanagan at least as memorable.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home